At Claybrooke Primary School, we offer an R.E curriculum that is balanced and broadly based, and which:
- Follows the Leicestershire Agreed Syllabus;
- Promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental, and physical development of pupils at the school and of society, and:
- Prepares pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
- Actively promotes our chosen values and the core British values (Democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith.
The principal aim of RE is to engage pupils in systematic enquiry into significant human questions which religion and world views address so that they can develop the understanding and skills needed to appreciate and appraise varied responses to these questions, as well as develop responses of their own.
The Leicestershire Agreed Syllabus is structured around three aims:
- Know about and understand a range of religions and world views.
- Express ideas and insights about the nature, significance and impact of religions and world views.
- Gain and deploy the skills needed to engage seriously with religions and world views.
and three strands... Believing, Expressing and Living.
As a school, we follow the Leicestershire Agreed Syllabus for Religious Education.
Where the following are taught:
EYFS - Discovering all faiths
KS1 - Exploring
KS2 - Connecting
- Humanism (Year 5/6)